Friday, September 29, 2006

Chinese Rice Dumpling

This post is for myself..hehee...Coz my mama complained us (5 sisters), no one r learn this skill from her..and she worry later she has no energy to wrap for us..then my papa kenot enjoy homemade dumpling liao...see..wat a traditional wife..always put husband at 1st place wan...

I know I will try to do it by myself .. one day ..... In fact, I learned it liao lah..just no time to do experiment again..hehe..very troublesome of preparation lah... gotta spend half day for prepare ingredients only ler...

Let's Start **

Fried with main seasoning : Five Spices Powder, Soy Sauce, Dark Soy Sause, Pepper, Oil, Salt & Sugar

1) Glutinous Rice (Soaked) ~ Oil & Onion Only
2) Dried Shrimps (Soaked) + Many Onion (Chop) ~ no salt
3) Mushroom + meat + Dried Chestnuts
4) Green Peas (Soaked) ~ Boil with salt Only
5) Salted Egg York ~ Cut




Choose the suitable size of 2 Bamboo Leaf & form a hollow..









Spread a layer of glutinous rice over dumpling leaves & then spread another layer of green beans








Add in others ingredients, then Spread another layer of green beans & rice to cover the ingredients.
Then fold the leaf tie..







Hang at the door lock to support & tie it with straw..









Cut the hard bamboo leaf....To avoid it damage others dumpling..








2 kilos of rice = 53 pcs Dumpling









Special wrap the Pillow Dumpling (hehe..my mama EFNTD liao)









Boil big tong of water then add all dumpling, cook for 4 - 5 hours..add in hot water continuing..









ok...All done..can enjoy liao...My mama homemade rice dumpling (Hum Yok Chung)..







Why wrap so many? haii..coz my mother r too nice liao lah...5 for Ah soh, 5 for Ah Sok, 5 for MIL, 5 for Aunty..5 for don-know-wat-realtive...like tat mai leave few for us only lor...

No comments: